Federal Grants

Federal grants include funds administered by the US Department of Education. For more detailed information, check Federal Student Aid. You may also obtain information by calling the US Department of Education’s toll-free number: 1-800-433-3243 (hearing-impaired individuals may call 1-800-730-8913).

In general, to apply for Federal Aid grants, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually and demonstrate eligibility each time. The FAFSA is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

FundEligible Students
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)Awarded on the basis of financial need to full-time undergraduate students, who have no prior bachelor’s degree. Must file FAFSA (Priority given to those who file before the FAFSA priority date)
Federal Pell GrantAwarded on the basis of financial need to citizens or eligible non-citizens enrolled at the undergraduate level, who have no prior bachelor’s degree. There is a maximum of 12 full time semesters of eligibility. Must file FAFSA.
ROTC Scholarships
Air Force and Army ROTC Scholarships available to undergraduate students participating in ROTC. Contact the ROTC office at NC A&T, 336-334-7707 for more details. Application deadline is usually mid-July.
Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program (TEACH)A forgivable loan program available to undergraduate and graduate students seeking their degrees to teach in a high need field and at a Title I school. For more information on the program visit Federal Teach Grant.