Returning Students

Thinking about returning to UNCG after withdrawing from classes or taking time off?

Returning students are those students who have previously attended UNCG during a regular academic term without completing a degree. Students who completed a degree at UNCG or another institution should visit our Second Degree, Certificate and Licensure or Graduate and Doctoral pages.

Wondering if you can receive financial aid? Here is some helpful information about the process:

  1. You will need to verify your SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) status for Financial Aid. You can do this by logging into the secure area of UNCGenie – Click on the Financial Aid Tab – Click on Financial Aid Status- Select current academic year – Click on Academic Progress. If you are not in Good Standing you may need to complete an appeal. View the complete SAP policy and access appeal forms by viewing the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (If in the Beyond Academics program please reference the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Beyond Academics)
  2. In order to be considered for most types of aid, including Federal Student Loans, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to ensure that your information is sent to UNCG, please be sure to include UNCG’s Federal School Code (002976) in the “school information” section of the FAFSA. Please be sure to register for a FSA ID at as this is required to sign your application electronically as well as to access your FAFSA information in the future. If you plan on returning in the same academic year (withdrew in fall – returning in spring), and you had aid be sure to add the UNCG school code to your FAFSA. You may begin filing your FAFSA for the next school year on October 1. UNCG’s Priority filing deadline is December 1.
  3. You may have Outstanding Requirements preventing you from being awarded or preventing your award from disbursing. You can view your requirements by logging in to UNCGenie.